Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What?

misc 004

 

I was having a conversation with my DSIL, Malachi, a few months back and I was kinda’ whining about all the stuff that would have to be dug through, when my Mom passes. 

And he just looked at me and laughed!  What? Your daughter, Tracy, was just saying the same thing……about you!  Opps!

 

So these last few weeks I have been on a mission to de-stash.  Let me tell you it is not that easy.  I have lived here nearly 20 years and I like to thrift and collect antique pottery (at least I did in the 80’s).  So I started with the pottery and I did sell some stuff on EBay.  More coming.

 

This week I started in the kitchen.  I have a grandson who will soon be moving out of the house and will need stuff for his new place.  I went through and pulled out all the stuff I never use anymore and ended up with two medium size piles.  Some of which my daughter is taking.  Yay!

 

4870750de075d788d8092538da54e64c

 

Then I went through my jewelry…  So many little scraps of gold and silver.  No longer worn, or missing one earring, or not really in style anymore.  Off it goes to be sold at the jewelers.  I think they might even take a set of silver flatware, that I no longer use. 

 

images

 

Where shall I start next? 

8 comments:

  1. I have tried and tried to de clutter. Boy do I know how hard it is. I think I've done so good and look around and can't even see a dent. So Congrats to you for getting rid of "stuff"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Karen. That is a BIG job and one that will be so "freeing" once you have it all done. I have been doing that over the past couple of years, too. Clearing out and letting go. It feels good...a bit bittersweet but if you are ready to do it-it does feel GOOD!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen - you are right, we're on the same wavelength about decluttering! Feels good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One step at a time, but I know it's easier said than done. Congratulations on your progress so far! I can't even imagine tackling my garage...out of sight, out of mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our daughters are probably saying the same thing about me!! I've been slowly trying to declutter our house and NOT buy more to replace it, which is the hard part for me. You're lucky you've got somebody that can use all the kitchen stuff.

    Thanks for stopping by today! Did you know that you're a "noreply blogger"? When I try to reply to your comment it goes into cyberspace. I think your status changes when you switch to Google+. Just thought you'd like to know. :o)

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen. Thank you for you nice comment on my last post. It would be great if I could host all of my blogging friends here one day. Hey, you could pull your darling trailer right into the grove!!!!
    I need to decrapify too. It is a never ending problem!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the best feeling to de-clutter. I just finished my kitchen & actually have empty shelves! I love it. I'm heading to my laundry room next. I can't wait to get it organised.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Great Edit and Purge at this Old House is in full swing and has been ongoing for a couple of years now so I can certainly relate to this Post! May the Process go smoothly and be virtually painless as you 'Let Go'... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)