Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sometimes Old is Better

blender 003

 

So what’s with the old blender?  I went thrifting yesterday with a good friend, Sharon, and I found this old blender almost exactly like my Mom’s….yes, she still uses it.  Whenever I visit (Seattle) I use it….and it is so quiet and fast…I love it.  (I might have snagged it but she’s not ready to part with it.)  And it appears to have never been used! 

It’s late 60’s early 70’s so it should run for many more years.

 This is a different model but I am really looking forward to using this in my trailer.  I hated to take my more modern one as it would wake up the whole forest!  For $10 it can make my smoothie anytime day or night and not wake anyone. 

8 comments:

  1. I had one like that. Key word 'had'. I am heading out to hunt at Goodwill and a blender is actually on my list lol. Old is better and I keep reminding my hubby that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure don't make them like they used to. What a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have my wedding gift blender from 1968. It still works like a charm!!! Good find thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome find Karen! I got the exact one for a wedding gift in 1971. Gave it away a couple years ago and wish I still had it! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have mine!!! It is exactly the same and still works great after almost 40 years. What can you buy today that can make that same claim!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww.....I had one just like that that was a wedding gift!!! Used it forever and it was still running when I got a newer one.
    will be perfecto for your camper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bargain. I wished that I still had our old blender.

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)